Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Who are your role models?

Pat Stuckart is the first person that comes to mind. He is a friend I met at a Charleston photo group. Once a month, a small group of photographers met at a local greek restaurant where we showed our photos on a projector. There was always an optional theme. I loved this group. It forced me to take some photos just so I would have something to show every month. But I also loved the company of my fellow photographers, Pat especially.

Pat always has a smile on his face and a joke ready. No matter what was going on in his life, he'd face it straight in the eye and make a joke out of it. He's been undergoing cancer treatments for the past couple of years and I have been moved by his courage and ability to see the positives no matter what.

Some people use humor to avoid reality, but Pat uses humor to reconstruct his reality into something beautiful and fun. For that, he is one of my role models and above all, a friend. I love you Pat and I am so blessed to have you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment