Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

What gives you nightmares?

The antagonist of my nightmares used to be my father. He was controlling, violent, angry, and emotionally abusive. Lately he has been replaced with my ex-husband. Although there was a lot of love in my marriage, he also emotionally manipulated me which I didn't realize until after we split up. 

Luckily, I haven't had any nightmares about him lately. 

My last nightmare involved getting eaten by sharks. I was underwater and saw a shark swallow another shark whole and then swim towards me with it's mouth wide open. In dream world, I thought that if I screamed (underwater) that it would scare away the shark. It didn't work. The shark's mouth closed in on me and I woke up screaming. At the time it was terrifying, but now I laugh at it. 

I will gladly have shark nightmares if I had a choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment