Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summertime favorite recipe

Who doesn't love to BBQ in the summertime? I love grilled meat, veggies, cool drinks and potato salad! I love potato salad but I haven't had any good potato salad in such a long time that I've sworn it off. It shouldn't be too hard to make a good potato salad, but yet people screw it up. Never use miracle whip, that is disgusting. You have to use a little bit of mustard but not so much that your potato salad is yellow. And the potatoes need to be cooked all the way through but not be mushy either. Store bought potato salad is even worse. One day I will eat some good potato salad again but in the meantime, I'll just make this grilled potato salad that I found via Serious Eats 

I made it for Memorial Day and it was a hit. The Vidalia onions caramelized so beautifully. 

I only made a couple of changes. I forgot to add the thyme and I couldn't find sherry vinegar so I just substituted balsamic vinegar. Oh, and the potatoes. I used Idaho potatoes because I oops'd.

Despite the changes, it still turned out well. It even reheated well the next day too. 

2 comments:

  1. You had me at carmelized Vidalia onions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kassie! They were smothered in bacon grease too!

      Delete