Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

What are your favorite decorative items/pieces of furniture/household features?

This question is just too broad for me, especially since I live in an apartment and I haven't really had a chance to show my decorative skills and flair.

This doesn't stop me from collecting images and ideas for my future home. I have a board on Pinterest dedicated to such things. It's common among men to make fun of pinterest use among females. But if anyone were to look on my Pinterest boards, you'd see that my "Fantasy Wedding" board only has 61 pins compared to my 303 pins on "Future Home Ideas".

Most of these pins are ideas that are functional or ergonomic is some way. For instance:

Slide out doors for the kitchen for babies/pets.

Hidden cabinet for toilet cleaning supplies because I hate having the plunger just sitting out. 

Sometimes the pins are inspirational and serve as a reminder of a feature that I hope to create one day. 
I would like to have a family movie night outdoors to enjoy the beautiful weather. 

This isn't the style I would like my house to be in but I love the  open doors and the feeling it brings to the home. 

Until I am able to build my home, I'll continue to pin and pine over on Pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. I love the hidden cabinet in the bathroom. I might have to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it ingenious?! Take a look at my pinterest board, you'll find even more goodies.

      Delete