Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What was your hardest parenting or partner moment?

Since I don't have a child I'll have to go with the latter. 

This is difficult because I have so many difficult partner moments. My marriage was young and short but filled with intense love and equally intense fighting. A lot of it is extremely personal so I don't want to get into details. 

Even though we had some fierce arguments, the hardest part was always forgiveness. I am filled with compassion, empathy, and love but it's hard for me to forgive. In fact, I still have some things in my heart I need to forgive him for.  Don't misconstrue this though, I am glad to be divorced now and I have moved on with my life and I no longer want to be with him. But I still have bitter grudges in my heart that I need to let go of. 

I'll finish this with some quotes I've collected from Pinterest that help me remember what's important.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment